Friday, April 30, 2010

Dear Lady


HATCHER, ROBIN LEE
DEAR LADY

Dear Mary,

New Prospects, Montana, is nothing like England -- so terrifying and beautiful at the same time, and much larger than I dared imagine when you and I first embarked on our adventures in the New World.

I have had the good fortune of becoming the town's schoolmistress. Young Janie Steele is as precious as I imagined from her letters. As for her father, Garret Steele...

Oh, I feel like such a fool! I've run halfway around the world to escape a man I loathed, only to discover I'm losing my heart to a man still in love with the wife he buried.

The mayor, kind man, has been most attentive. But I wish he were someone else. I wish he were Garret.

With affection,

Your friend, Beth Wellington

In the big-sky country of Montana, the past doesn't always stay buried. Circumstances have a way of forcing secrets into the open, sometimes bringing hearts together in unlikely ways, and sometimes tearing them apart.

FIRST IN THE COMING TO AMERICA SERIES. ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED IN 1997 FOR THE GENERAL MARKET, ZONDERVAN APPROACHED ROBYN LEE HATCHER ABOUT REVISING THIS SERIES FOR THE CHRISTIAN MARKET.
HATCHER HAS A KNACK FOR STORYTELLING. I LOVE THE WAY HER WORDS FLOW, HOW EASILY (OR SO IT SEEMS) HER STORY UNFOLDS. MEASURED WORDS CREATE AN IMPACT. THIS IS A LOVELY ROMANCE UNIQUELY TOLD IN MULTIPLE POINT OF VIEWS, INCLUDING LETTER-WRITING. A REFRESHING READ.

No comments:

Post a Comment