Wednesday, April 4, 2012

You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be

GERTH, HOLLEY
YOU'RE ALREADY AMAZING : EMBRACING WHO YOU ARE, BECOMING ALL GOD CREATED YOU TO BE

Psst . . . pull up a chair and I'll tell you a secret. You'd better lean in close for this one.


Ready?

You don't have to do more, be more, have more.

I'm sure there are security alarms going off somewhere. You should probably hide this book when your in-laws come over.

But it's true.

It's the kind of true that will change your life, set you free, and make you wake up smiling for the first time in a long time. I know because that's what it did for me. . . 
So watch out, sister. If you keep reading you just might be next.

With this heart-to-heart message, Holley Gerth invites you to embrace one very important truth--that you truly are already amazing. Like a trusted friend, Holley gently shows you how to forget the lies and expectations the world feeds you and instead believe that God loves you and has bigger plans for your life than you've even imagined.

My Review:

Refreshing and engaging, Gerth tackles a multitude of issues with compassion and humour and an all important brightness of hope. You're Already Amazing reads as fluently as fiction and kept my attention riveted until the very end. It's the first time in  a long while that I've read a non-fiction book cover to cover and all the while I felt like I was chatting with a really good friend. Exchanging ideas, problems, testimonies. Exploring who God is and what He wants me to become...and more importantly how much He loves me just the way I am. Right now. Today. Without apology.

Each chapter is divided into sub-sections that pack a punch but can be read in just a few minutes...if you can stand to put the book down, that is! Gerth's vibrant enthusiasm and passion exude off each page and it's clear to see the hand of God in her words and thoughts. You're Already Amazing will bless you again and again. Highly recommended to be read and shared by every woman in your life -- starting with you!

You might be interested in checking out Holley Gerth's blog:

http://www.holleygerth.com/

Or this great interview on Amish Wisdom (Suzanne Woods Fisher's wonderful radio show on toginet). Check out the Thursday March 15 show here:

http://toginet.com/podcasts/amishwisdom/?s=amishwisdom



"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

2 comments:

  1. Kav, when I saw this title I almost did not read the review. In my mind it looked like another boring self help book but, after reading the review I just had to check out Holly's blog. I can say if the book is close to her blog, then it will be a must read! Even reading the blog, you feel like she is sitting across from you, a personal friend enjoying a visit. Thank you so much for sharing. As a stay at home mom of 5 kids, I often long for daily companionship from friends. In all of our busy lives, that is often hard to do. Thank you for sharing with us, I truly believe this book and blog will help me overcome the blahs I've experienced lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody, her book is exactly like her blog. You feel like you've just stepped into the middle of a conversation with a long-time friend. I really believe she has been divinely inspired in what she says. This is definitely her ministry. And she really speaks to every woman. If you get a chance --check out that interview on Amish Wisdom. You'll really get a feel for her then. And God bless you as you raise that beautiful family! That's the choicest of occupations.

    ReplyDelete